Apply Now – Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program 2021 | www.njfp.ng
Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program 2021 Application Form Portal | njfp.ng – The Federal Government of Nigeria New Employment Opportunity for Unemployed Graduates Has Been Launched for Interested Nigerians to Take Advantage of and Apply.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program is a Federal Government initiative in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aims to place 20,000 skilled young Nigerian graduates (under the age of 30) into jobs in private and public sector organizations around the country.
Jump to Topic
- 1 Program Duration
- 2 Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program Eligibility
- 3 How to Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program
- 3.1 Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1.1 WHO CAN APPLY?
- 3.1.2 How long is the fellowship program?
- 3.1.3 Is the work placement a full time employment?
- 3.1.4 What next after the 12-month work placement?
- 3.1.5 Where will I work?
- 3.1.6 Do I get to choose which organization I want to be deployed to?
- 3.1.7 Do I get a chance to select a preferred location for my work placement?
- 3.1.8 Is this a paid opportunity?
- 3.1.9 I have NYSC certificate of exemption. Can I apply?
- 3.1.10 What is the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme?
- 3.1.11 How is the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme different from other youth empowerment initiatives?
- 3.1.12 What are the benefits for an organization to join the NJFP?
- 3.1 Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program Frequently Asked Questions
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship jobs will last for 12 months, will be fully-paid, and will seek to help prepare recent graduates for their future careers and work environments.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program Eligibility
To be an eligible fellow, you must
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
To be an eligible host organization, you must
- Provision of up-to-date regulatory documentation, including –
- CAC Certificate of Registration
- Provision of an official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the NJFP and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
- Provision of clear descriptions of available role requirements.
- Agreement to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professional within their organizations.
- Agreement to abide by the guidelines of the program and to sign a code of conduct.
- Have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA).
- Have no criminal records or conviction or any affiliation with proscribed organizations i.e., terrorists, drug traffickers, illicit trade, child labor.
How to Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program
To begin your application for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program, all you have to do is make sure you read the above listed eligibility and requirements and then follow the steps below to start your application on the NJFP Portal.
To begin the application for NJFP Job;
- Visit the official NJFP application form portal by going to https://www.njfp.ng/apply
- Register with your valid Email/Phone Number
- Proceed to fill other required information
- Make sure you check your information and they are correct
- Finally, click on Submit Application button to complete your application for the NJFP Job.
After completing the application form, an email will be sent to the provided email address. If you do not receive an email, check your Spam/Junk folder in case the email ended up there.
NOTE: Online Application Forms are open now, and will close 20th October 2021.
Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some questions on the Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program you should be familiar with before proceeding with your application.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Recent Nigerian Graduate who graduated from the university or other tertiary institution of corresponding level not earlier than 2017. Must be no more than 30 years old. Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
How long is the fellowship program?
Is the work placement a full time employment?
No. The work placement is a 12-month work opportunity that provides the jubilee fellow an opportunity to acquire ‘on-the-job’ skills and gain work experience with the aim of improving employability and competitiveness for the job market.
What next after the 12-month work placement?
3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship.
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organizations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. Exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Where will I work?
Private sector organizations, research institutions, public sector and development agencies.
Do I get to choose which organization I want to be deployed to?
No, you get matched.
Do I get a chance to select a preferred location for my work placement?
Yes, but it is not guaranteed.
Is this a paid opportunity?
Yes. Fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
I have NYSC certificate of exemption. Can I apply?
Yes, you can.
What is the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme?
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is a 12-month, on the job youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Against a backdrop of rising global unemployment and underemployment, the Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organizations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
How is the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme different from other youth empowerment initiatives?
We realize how difficult it is to get a job in Nigeria as a graduate with no experience. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) grants highly-skilled Nigerians with little or no work experience access to work at the most sought-after private sector organizations on the market, opening them to a world of opportunities. Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows. Oh, and the programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organizations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
What are the benefits for an organization to join the NJFP?
- Cost savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP got you covered.
- Increased productivity – Access to a wide-range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organization that will help to increase your organization’s productivity.
- Improved brand image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased policy influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.