Ibis is an international hotel company, owned by a holding company of hotels AccorHotels approximately three times the size, that is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. The ibis opened its founding hotel in 1974 and in January 2014 the company opened the 1,000th example in Surabaya, Indonesia. Around 400 ibis Hotels are throughout France and most of the remainder are elsewhere in Europe. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports or railway stations and offer low rates compared to many global hotel groups of comparable size.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationOND BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
Human resources assistants are primarily responsible for maintaining employee records. These assistants may perform additional job duties, especially tasks involved with hiring employees. The organisation hiring is an International Hotel.
- Human resources assistants, also called HR assistants, are generally assigned to help HR directors keep track of employee information. This information could include an employee’s name, address, job title, compensation, tax withholding information, and benefits such as retirement and insurance plans. HR assistants also help with documentation concerning grievances, terminations, absences and performance reports.
- Human resource assistants are also typically involved in recruiting, hiring or training new employees. Tasks could include posting job openings, gathering information from applicants, verifying prior employment, contacting references and letting applicants know whether they got the job. HR assistants also may answer questions from employees or the public concerning the company.
- Human resources assistants may be required to complete a wide variety of duties. Common tasks include answering questions, opening mail, receiving and transferring phone calls, giving directions, creating and distributing documents and providing customer service. Assistants may be required to use either traditional paper filing systems in their work, or more commonly, a computer data entry system.
- Other functions human resources assistants may fulfill include setting appointments, arranging meetings, maintaining calendars, copying files, entering data into computer systems and tracking payments or other financial information.
- Assistants may also be required to write reports for their managers, compile spreadsheets and prepare presentations. Because they work with the public, human resource assistants must be able to present themselves well and have good communication skills. Assistants must also be aware of privacy concerns and the importance of keeping information confidential.
Education and Career Requirements
- Must have a minimum of a OND or its equivalent, Although candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business or a related field will be highly proritized. Certificate and associate’s degree programs in human resource management are also acceptable.
- One important requirement that most human resources assistants must have is computer software and data entry skills. For human resource assistants who wish to advance to managerial positions, higher education and work experience may be important.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, Kindly send an email to [email protected]