How to Travel from Nigeria to America – Getting Started Guide. As your one stop hot news website, I have the steps simplified on how to travel from Nigeria to America- (God’s own country) hassle free.
You can use the airway or port when traveling to US depending.
The airway is much more preferable because it’s fast; you could to America in no time unlike the port.
1. The first thing you need to do is determine the type of visa you need. This contains all the information that you might need including the qualification and application items. Read thoroughly and choose what best applies to your situation. (E.g. if you are travelling for a one-week conference, the b1/b2 visa is most appropriate for your category)
2. After determining the correct visa type, you must pay the visa fee. The visa fee page lists the visa types and correlating visa fees in US dollars and your native currency. Make sure you read the Bank and payment options page as it explains how to make your visa payment. Ensure that you keep your receipt number as it would be needed to book your visa appointment.
3. This entails filling in your DS- 160 form; the DS-160 is a simple form for collecting your contact information and other travel/security details). Be sure to read the guidelines to complete this form carefully and honestly. You should also bear in mind that no changes can be made to the form once it is submitted, so you only get one shot. It is only after filling your DS-160 you become eligible for a physical appointment at the American embassy.
4. Schedule your appointment using your passport number, receipt number from GT bank as evidence of payment for your visa fee and 10-digit bar code number from the DS application page.
5. Book a hotel close to the US embassy where your interview is scheduled to hold
6. Visit the US embassy on the date and time of your interview. Be punctual and try to calm your nerves. Also, be sure to take all necessary documents along for your appointment. Answer any questions put to you as best as you can.
7. If your visa is approved, the visa will be sent to the document drop-off location you selected when you scheduled your appointment.
8. Be sure to attend the interview at the stipulated range of time to avoid cancellation. Once cancelled, you may have to undergo some more stressful means to get an appointment date.
Embassy of the United States of America, Plot 1075 Diplomatic drive, Central district area Abuja.
Telephone : (234)-9-461-4000
US consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington crescent Victoria Island Lagos.
Telephone : (234)-1-460-3400.
Naijarena.com.ng is a resource for jobs, recruitments, loans and scholarships for Nigerians and application tips for a variety of opportunities around the world.
Naijarena.com.ng is not affiliated with the Nigerian Government or any agency you see on this website. All information post here is for educational purpose only.
You might also like