The SPAK National Science Competition is a unique initiative, developed to identify, promote and reward outstanding secondary school science students in Nigeria. It is strictly for SS2 (year 11) students between the ages of 14-17 years.
SPAK is a mix of education, entertainment and technology which fits into the drive for excellence and innovations. The intention is to encourage students to pride up interest in sciences by creating the right ambience that would stimulate their performance with a key message of increasing the interest of Student, Parents, Teachers and other key stakeholders in Nigeria in the Sciences. Participation on SPAK is FREE for all.
- To promote and ignite the right support and reward for Science students in Nigeria.
- To re-awaken and encourage the study of science in Secondary schools in Nigeria.
- To identify and reward outstanding students with educational grants.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- This competition is open to students in SSS2 (year 11) between 14 – 17 years; attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
- Participation in this competition is FREE.
- Registration to participate is strictly online via www.spak.ng
- Each School is required to present their BEST six (6) students in Science (SS2 students), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
- Mixed-schools are required to have at least two female students-amongst the six(6) that would represent them.
- There are many examination centers across Nigeria.
There are two main levels of the competition.
FIRST ROUND: WRITTEN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
In this stage, all the online registered students’ (i.e. the best SIX (6) from each registered school) will write a National qualifying examination conducted by NECO at designated centers across Nigeria including FCT, Abuja.
SECOND ROUND: TV QUIZ COMPETITION
The best 81 students (with the highest scores) out of those who wrote the qualifying examination will be invited to participate at this stage of the competition. This will be recorded and transmitted on Television across Nigeria and Africa.
The overall best three students per State will be recognised.
All students who make it to the TV quiz competition stage would get plagues, certificate of participation and educational grants amongst other things:
1st Position – 250,000 Naira
2nd Position – 150,000 Naira
3rd Position – 100,000 Naira
4th – 5th Position – 60,000 Naira each
6th – 9th Position – 50,000 Naira each
10th – 27t h Position – 30,000 Naira each
28th – 81st Position – 20,000 Naira each
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The SPAK National exam will hold on Saturday April 01st, 2017 at selected centers within Nigeria, please check the list of centers on www.spak.ng
- Students must come to their designated examination centres by 10am for accreditation with their Registration slip duly signed and stamped by their school principal.
- Latecomers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Students are to come along with only HB pencil, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Students must conduct themselves in an orderly manner
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the student.
- All students MUST come to the exam venue in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination centre list o check for the centre nearest to you.
- The competition is open to SS2 (year 11) students ONLY.
- Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics based on the current SS2 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
- The decision of the organizers/ NECO is final and we shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
- Students are advised to check their results via the online platform that will be made available to them from May 1st 2017.
- We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centres nearest to them·
- Only qualified students will be contacted for the second stage (TV quiz) of the competition.
- The SPAK National Science Competition is to discover Nigeria’s best science student; which will be televised on major TV/Media Networks and on Social media.